After extensive research and development, Cornerstone Architectural Products announced their latest product. CellBlock™ Fire Containment Units are a panelized system made from expanded glass aggregate bound with multiple pozzolans.
Developed for the purpose of containing lithium ion battery fires, these panels can be used to clad existing rooms or can be constructed as free standing structures. They may also be assembled in crate form for transportation or storage of lithium-ion batteries.
Panels consist of Poraver® glass aggregates bound with cements, pozzolans, and other additives. They are finished with a cementious powder coating that features expanded glass and basalt fibers. The resulting product is a lightweight and strong fire containment panel that can withstand temperatures in excess of 1000º C (1832º F) for extended periods of time.
- Meets ASTM e136 requirements for non combustibility.
- Can be manufactured in 1” to 4” thicknesses depending on the heat energy they are intended to contain and the structural loading and deflection requirements.
- Panels are 2’ wide and come in multiple lengths.
- US patent pending
- CellBlock Brochure
- CellBlock Information Sheet
- CellBlock Presentation (PDF Version)
- LIBIK (Lithium Ion Battery Incident Kit) Information Sheet
- LIBIK Presentation (PDF Version)
- Extover Technical Data Sheet
- Extover Brochure
- Extover Test Results (Lithium Ion Battery)
- Extover Test Results (Sodium and Magnesium)
- Extover Presentation (PDF Version)
- LIBIK (Lithium Ion Battery Incident Kit)
- CellBlock FCS Panels
- CellBlock FCS Transport and Storage
- Extover Fire Extinguishing Media
CellBlock ULD Liner Panel Flame Test
LIBIK Flare Demonstration
LIBIK Laptop Event Demonstration
Kiln Demonstration 1
Kiln Demonstration 2
Direct Flame Demonstration on Containment Panels
Direct Flame Demonstration on Wall Panels